About Hauling with Greer Equine
To make a Reservation:
- Submit our online form to Request a Quote. You will be emailed an Equine Liability Release. This document cannot be downloaded online for legal reasons. We will check availability and confirm the details in your quote request, and reply with a formal quote.
- A 50% deposit is required to secure our services. All payments non refundable. Payments can be made by check, if we receive the check in the mail at least 7 days prior to your haul. We accept credit cards and paypal, but a 3% fee is added to each payment. We accept cash for local hauls, but all hauling orders must have a credit card on file.
- A valid credit card must be kept on file for unexpected fees, or cancellation fees and the Credit Card Authorization Form must be filled out prior to booking. You may fill this out online (see eForms) or by downloading a paper form and scanning it back over to us (see Paper Forms)
- You must agree to the Terms and Conditions of Horse Hauling. You may sign the document online (see eForms) or download the paper form (see Paper Forms) and submit it in person or by scanning it back over to us.
- We also require a completed Horse Hauling Orders and Questionnaire form to be filled out online (see eForms) or download the document (see Paper Forms) and submit it to us via email prior to the haul.
Required for hauling: Must accompany your horse:
- Current Negative Coggins Test (in the last 12 months)
- Health papers (if crossing State lines)
- Halter and lead rope
Recommended Checklist prior to travel:
- It’s a great idea to provide electrolytes to your horse for several days leading up to a long haul. (3+ hours of travel)
- Fly spray (applied before we arrive to pickup, and to take along for the driver to apply as needed)
- Clean out the horses hooves prior to pickup, or have someone at your stable do this before we arrive.
Recommended for travel:
- Hay (for all trip lengths) and grain (if long distance) (if Hay is not provided, we will give the horse hay and charge the credit card on file) Providing hay for the journey makes for a better trip, as this keeps the horse occupied.
- Optional: Shipping boots, (must be applied before we pick up)
Recommended horse treats to coax apprehensive loaders:
- Horse cookies
- Hay nets, water bucket and quick release trailer ties are provided.
- Shipping boots available to rent for $15 per horse (4 boots)
- Coastal hay available for purchase at $5/bag (2 squares)
- Large tack room for transporting saddles, tack and supplies
- Driver will call when he is 30 minutes from pickup and drop off locations.
- If the driver has to wait or experiences difficulty in the loading or unloading process, there is a fee for extra time. The hauling agreement allows 30 minutes at the pickup and drop off location. The fee for extra time is $10 per quarter hour. This fee is automatically charged to the credit card on file upon the completion of the haul, and you will be notified if this is to occur.
- There is an additional 25% cancellation fee without proper notice (3 business days)
- There is no cancellation fee with proper notice, but All payments and Deposits are non- refundable.
- Changes are permitted to your hauling order with a 7 business day notice. You may use your deposit/credit on file for a future date up to 30 days from the original haul date, as long as we receive the proper notice. (see liability release for details, restrictions apply)
- If your horse becomes sick or unable to travel, we will accept vet records proving that they were treated for a, we will accept vet records proving that they were treated for an illness preventing them from travel. You may reschedule your haul when the horse becomes healthy. (see liability release for details, restrictions apply)
- Final payment due at pickup, or before unloading
- An authorized person must be present at the loading and unloading location upon arrival.
- Make sure and notify us if the horse has a cut, scrape or injury prior to travel. We are not responsible for injury to the horse, or responsible if it injures itself during loading, unloading, or travel.
For Deposits: Credit card (Paypal), or Checks in the mail (if received more than 7 days out)
For Final Payments: Credit card (Paypal), Cash or cashier’s check only. (3% fee added to credit card payments)